Hi readers and visitors,
Hope all is well with you and yours.
I've been studying Save The Cat by Blake Snyder, a screenwriter who analyzed movies according to their structure.
Reading Blake's work inspired me to come up with a list of questions for you to consider about my first novel, Careful...
1. Who was your favorite character?
2. What did you think about the catalyst of Evie Longfellow accepting the blind date with Jimmy Marino?
3. Did her debate of staying with the Marino's, and ghost-writing Paulie's memoirs ring true for Evie? What did you think about Evie wanting to fit in with all the glamour and style?
4. The mystery of the video Paulie left for her: The video literally threw Evie into Act II, an upside down world where her life changed significantly. Did your imagination fill in the blanks for you? Was there enough suspense with her reaction, and later Nick's reaction, to the video to make you suspect what was really going on?
5. How did you enjoy the secondary sub-plots when Evie arrives in Vermont?
A. Miss Aida's rage?
B. Tony's determination?
C. Patrick Jones' exuberance?
D. Meg Jones' agenda for Nick and Evie?
E. Dr. Chuck Bowers?
F. The FBI Special Agent's plan?
G. The setting in Vermont, in the Fall, as a Character itself?
6. What were your feelings about the Mid-Point, where Miss Aida Marino catches Paulie in-the-act?
7. How did the bad guys closing in on Nick and Evie affect you?
8. When Evie's agent Jennifer called her and fired her that spurs on Evie's 'All Is Lost' moment - do you think Evie made the right choice after that? What would you have done if you were in Evie's shoes?
9. How did you feel about Nick's desire for Evie? Did he ring true as her Knight In Shining Armor?
10. The Finale closes in on all the characters fast. They are forced into taking actions most people will never be faced with. What did you feel about how they chose to handle themselves? Would you have done the same considering the magnitude of how the family was approached by Tony Aiello, Paulie Marino, and their henchmen?
11. In the end, Tony Aiello surprises us with his reaction to the Finale. Did his choices make you want to read more about this character, and if so, what would you like to know?
12. The Final Image shows Evie with a peaceful resolution when she reads Miss Aida's letter. Did you believe Miss Aida's letter was sincere? Do you think Miss Aida's lifetime investment in Marino Industries would prompt her to leave Evie alive after the shakedown Paulie instigated by choosing Evie as his last victim?
13. What more would you like to know about these characters and their adventures?
I hope you enjoy reading Careful What You Wish For...
These characters are among my favorite in fiction, and I hope these questions will inspire dialogue with you and your friends regarding the story.